The relationship between humans and dogs is proving to be more biased than mutual.
The Weighted Relationship
Never before have dogs been responsible for our mental and emotional health. They have helped us fulfill physical, tangible and observable tasks, but nowadays, we have bombarded them with the pressures of helping us maintain our own psychological well-being, never mind their own.
How did Street Dogs become our teachers?
For almost two decades, our founder, Teena Patel, has traveled the world documenting free roaming dogs and street dogs in developing countries. They are our inspiration.
A few of our lessons from street dogs and free roaming dogs?
- “The environment is their first teacher.” – Teena Patel
- When their environments become limited, stagnant and sterile, their behavior becomes reflective of their poor living conditions and the quality of experiences that occur as a result.
- Dog’s need and seek human companionship.
- Dog’s develop a “community like” intra species connection.
- Survival is often misrepresented as hardship.
Certainly, there are challenges.
However, there is a richness that is present when living beings, in particular mammals have to convert energy into purpose.
- It gives them meaning, and defines life.
- It makes them adaptable, apt and attuned.
- Learning becomes a way of living not training.
Species will behave in a species typical manner and characteristics that contribute to their survival will persist and those that don’t will disappear. We need to help preserve the dog’s ability to:
- Be effective communicators.
- Prefer to avoidance of conflict.
- Be resilient, adaptive and highly flexible.
“We aim to give dogs the freedom and purpose they once had. Protecting them from the dangers of the “streets”, yet honoring them for all the benefits of having access to nature, and a rich environment to roam, we were inspired to give companion dogs some of the simple joys of living.” -Teena Patel
Are YOU our industry's next change maker?
This call could change your life, your business, and your impact.
Click below to schedule a Business Breakthrough Call with me. This is a complimentary 60-minute call to discuss your current business and your vision, then map your journey to enrichment together!
Follow Us on Social Media
Ⓒ 2019 Doglando University